An Intellyx Brain Candy Brief

According to Softagram, the average coder spends 80% of their time doing everything except coding. They may be reading old code, trying to decipher the possible impact of planned code changes, documenting code or doing any number of other tasks so that they can spend that remaining 20% of their time coding. And in spite of all the focus on automating the code delivery pipeline, the vast majority of these non-coding tasks are still done manually.

The company decided that there must be a better way. It created a codebase visualization tool that it believes will help organizations optimize the software development process. The software directly evaluates an organization’s codebase to build a visual representation of the application architecture and the relationships between its various components. It also enriches this data by mining management tools such as Jira.

As a result, the company enables developers to fully visualize the software architecture from any abstraction level, rapidly identify code dependencies and change impacts, and more efficiently transition between projects and enable team collaboration. Development managers are likewise able to receive continuous analytics regarding changes to the codebase, historical trends and the efficiency of development efforts.

Copyright © Intellyx LLC. Intellyx publishes the Agile Digital Transformation Roadmap poster, advises companies on their digital transformation initiatives, and helps vendors communicate their agility stories. As of the time of writing, none of the organizations mentioned in this article are Intellyx customers. To be considered for a Brain Candy article, email us at

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Subscribe to our Cortex & Brain Candy Newsletters!

Thank you for reading Intellyx thought leadership!

Please sign up for our biweekly Cortex and Brain Candy newsletters.

The Cortex features thought leadership on Agile Digital Transformation topics, and Brain Candy highlights disruptive vendors in enterprise IT.

We won't spam you and you can unsubscribe at any time.